Friday, 1 October 2010

Had a bit of a prosthetics moment the other day so decided to make a silicone nose. It isn't the best and I have learned a lot from where I went wrong, but it gives an idea. The nose was made in plastiline first and then moulded and cast in silicone. Next time I hope to make the silicone much more translucent so that it can be easily blended into skin.

Wednesday, 15 September 2010

In the spirit of making things out of wax, I decided to make a small dung beetle. This was actually a lot trickier that the elephant for some reason.

Monday, 13 September 2010

This is a little wax carving of an elephant I made yesterday evening. I have never carved anything using wax before but it is a really nice material to use. I hope to cast this model in silver using the lost wax process, but whether that will happen, I don't know. It is annoying that the photos don't pick up very much detail due to the colour of the wax.